Our Farm Harvests Of Fresh Produce Goes From June Until As Long As The Season Permits
200 Varieties of the Freshest Vegetables Grown in CT Every Year
What is a C.S.A.
C.S.A. stands for Community Supported Agriculture
- Our C.S.A. represents a direct relationship between our consumers (you) and your farmer (us), where we both share in the benefits and risks of growing the freshest, best tasting, nutrient rich food.
- Before the season starts, our members commit to purchasing their "share" making them a shareholder.
- A share is a box of our freshly picked sustainable grown produce. The box size is determined by the size of the share you have purchased (1/4 share, 1/2 share, full share).
- Each box will have 6 to 8 different types of produce every week for the term of your C.S.A. membership (16 OF 21 weeks) Your share will consist of whatever produce is being harvested during that week.
- Each week the shareholder comes to either the farm or the Southington Farmers Market (which ever pick up spot the share holder has signed up for) and picks up their fresh produce.
The benefits of purchasing your shares in our CSA,
- CSA memberships keep your money in your community.
- Members have access to the freshest, highest quality, best flavored seasonal products.
- You will get to know your farmer and how your food was produced.
- By supporting your local farm, you will help to ensure that farm land remains as open space and does not end up getting developed into houses or commercial property.
- Any of the weekly shares that are not picked up will be donated. This way nothing ever goes to waste and you are helping others in your community